Welcome to ToBeFree Blog


 A Little Bit About Me

Join Tobefree

 

My name is Jayce Odufuwa and I'm wanting to help the trans community and people that are neurodivergent as much as I can. which is why I'm also working on making my own non profit called To Be Free

I'm 19 years old and came out to my mom last year, I get to start T some time next month I have to wait a month, which is killing me, but what gave me this idea to now start making a safe space for queer people that are neurodivergent and spread awareness  is because I was honestly terrified that I wasn't really trans or that I would make a big mustache thinking I'm trans basically I was letting other people's judgment and beliefs crowed my mind. When I stopped to think and evaluate those thoughts that would bring fear it drew me back to when I was putting on my fake beard(I'm a drag king 🤴🏾) I was so excited that I was able to look more like a man than putting on men's clothes. While I was looking in the mirror trimming my beard because the length was off I felt sad knowing that this was just a costume and I would have to take all this makeup and hair off before I went to bed it honestly got to me I stayed up really late just because I didn't want to take my makeup of especially my fake beard I wanted to stay looking like a man, for it to not be a costume any more and decided I wanted to be on hormones I wish during that process of fear I had a safe space whether it was through zoom or in person it would of made things way easier, Than I also really wanted to have an understanding of my autism and why there wasn't a lot more spaces for neurodivergent queer people or memoirs (that's what I'm into) so It became my passion to make that space in ND

More on To Be Free


To Be Free is to not only give a safe space for queer neurodivergent people but also give out body tape and binders for individuals that struggle with there gender, I am also wanting to uplift marginalized voices through this non profit so if you want to share your story just contact me. this non profit is also new I just started so I would kindly ask if you give me some patients.

The way the donations will be used is for events and body tape/binders, this non profit is online since I don't have my own location yet, I will start making zooms, and the events will be held at  an activity center in ND (This nonprofit is only working in ND for now)

If you want to know more here click the link more on ToBeFree or contact me at tobefree012@gmail.com

Zooms

when you join this nonprofit you will be sent a zoom link through email, to join go to my website ToBeFree website, the rules of the zoom will be anounced at the beginning of every Zoom. this is a support group this will be every 2 weeks. The zoom will start with a prompt and will exspand from there if anyone is wanting to speak about anything just comment and you don't have to talk.  And this will mostly be a safe space to talk or what you would want to see more of.

Events

I'm hoping to give out body tape/binders, in June next year don't have a place or time yet

Uplifting marginalized voices 

I have always loved to here people talk about were they started to were they are now, a good example is A&E on YouTube, I want to bring awareness to certain issues through peoples stories.

if you go to my website you can set a date on when you want to share your story or just email me it or if your wanting to do it virtually you can set a date through my website and add a note that you want to tell your story over zoom I'll send a zoom link and reminder through email. usually the zooms will be recorded but if your not comfortable with that we can just do a voice recording.  

 



Comments